- Develop Congress & Fall Meeting Themes.
- Recruit Exhibitors for Spring Congress Exhibit Hall.
- Oversee Exhibit Hall at Spring Congress.
- Recruit sponsors for non-CE events at Congress and Fall Meeting, including: binders, breaks, breakfast, Award’s Banquet and Presidential Luncheon sponsors.
- Contact the KOA office with the names and contacts of interested sponsors.
- Review past schedules of meetings and suggest any needed changes.
- Annually compare price of KOA meetings to other CE meetings.
- Find lecturers and sponsors for Spring Congress and Fall Meeting.
- Try and find speakers with COPE approved courses.
- Make initial contact with speakers, regarding possibility of speaking, check for any special requirements.
- Check to see if any company regularly sponsors the speaker and get contact information for the sponsorship.
- Send sponsorship and speaker information to the KOA so the office can send out Statement of Agreement Forms.
- Oversee Paraoptometric CE at Spring Congress and Fall Meeting.
- Introduce all speakers at Congress and Fall Meeting.
- Find new ways to enhance the benefits of being a member of the Kentucky Optometric Association
- Develop brochures and posters to promote Optometry to the public, legislators and other professions.
- Explore product endorsements that allow members to obtain discounted prices for goods and services and aid in keeping the association dues lower by using the revenue
- Explore new sources of non-dues revenue.
- Develop strategies to retain current members
- Develop strategies to recruit new members
- Explore marketing tools and ideas for membership
- Analyze membership trends and demographics
- Recruit new partner members.
- Contact the KOA with any new prospective partner members.
- Review partner levels annually and make needed changes.
- Develop a follow up survey to be sent to partner members annually evaluating the program.
- Attend functions that partner members are invited to.
- Work closely with the Kentucky College of Optometry at the University of Pikeville to involve students within the KOA and host events throughout the year.
- Make yearly visits to UAB, IU and Southern to recruit student members.
- Develop a Student Membership Benefits sheet and continue to develop these benefits as needed.
- Contact KOA student members to invite them to Spring Congress and Fall Meetings.
- Follow up with student members once out of school to ensure they continue to belong to the KOA.
- Develop strategies to communicate through the internet & new technologies.
- Explore ideas for members to interact in an online social network.
- Analyze new technologies for web communications.
- Help insure our inclusion in various vision and eyecare plans.
- Insure non-discriminatory participation on the part of our members.
- Poll members and determine what their needs are and what problems they are experiencing.
- Oversee Third Party Liaison Program where a specific doctor is assigned to be the “Trouble Shooter” with a particular carrier.
- Review various topics for Third-Party workshops.