- Assist with all facets of the Spring Congress and Fall Conference.
- Assist with the Exhibit Hall at Spring Congress.
- Recruit sponsors for non-CE events at Congress and Fall Conference, including: binders, breaks, breakfast, Award’s Banquet and Presidential Luncheon sponsors.
- Contact the KOA office with the names and contacts of interested sponsors.
- Review past schedules of meetings and suggest any needed changes.
- Annually compare price of KOA meetings to other CE meetings.
- Assist with finding lecturers and sponsors for Spring Congress and Fall Conference.
- Review and approve the draft CE schedule for Spring Congress and Fall Conference.
- Oversee Paraoptometric CE at Spring Congress and Fall Meeting.
MEMBER BENEFITS/DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Find new ways to enhance the benefits of being a member of the Kentucky Optometric Association.
- Develop strategies and ideas to retain current members and recruit new members.
- Explore marketing tools to promote Optometry to the public, legislators and other professions.
- Explore available opportunities for members to enhance their membership, their practice, or reduce overall KOA dues expenses.
- Recruit new partner members.
- Contact the KOA with any new prospective partner members.
- Review partner levels routinely and recommend appropriate changes.
- Develop a method of feedback from partner members.
- Attend functions that partner members are invited to.
- Develop a comprehensive Student Membership plan to recruit student members, assist student members, and serve as a trusted resource as student members transition to new optometrists.
- Maintain an ongoing presence at Kentucky’s optometry contract schools: UPIKE, UAB, IU and SCO.
- Maintain communication with student members to encourage participation and attendance at KOA events.
- Follow up with student members once out of school to ensure they continue to belong to the KOA.
- Develop strategies to communicate through the internet & new technologies to increase membership engagement.
- Analyze new technologies for web communications and social media outreach.
- Assist with ongoing communication plan.
- Help insure our inclusion in various vision and eyecare plans.
- Insure non-discriminatory participation on the part of our members.
- Serve as a resource for KOA staff as issues may arise.
- Review various topics for Third-Party workshops.
VISIONARY STRATEGY COMMITTEE
- Continually monitor and review the status and future of optometry in Kentucky and the country.
- Develop strategic plans and methods to protect optometry in Kentucky.
- Maintain an overall awareness of upcoming changes within Kentucky, specifically the impact of Kentuckyu’s first optometry school and the benefits that may result.
NON-DUES REVENUE COMMITTEE
- Determine existing and new methods to increase the KOA’s non-dues revenue.
- Review revenue-share proposals or similar opportunities and provide recommendations to the Board on the same.